- Applications for the program will be open from 1st November 2023 to 29 February 2024.
- Shortlist of candidates to be interviewed will be released by 1st March 2024
- Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held at the university campus during the first week of April 2024.
- Final list of selected candidates will be announced by 1st May 2024
- Program begins: 1st August 2024
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
In recent years, rural India has been a focus of great national attention. It has been witness to major crises like farmers’ suicides; it has also been a hub of enormous dynamism, becoming the largest and fastest growing market for India’s industrial sector. Central and state governments also invest hundreds of thousands of crores every year to provide better amenities and secure livelihoods to rural Indians.
There are many talented young people in rural India who, with the appropriate training, can lead this dynamic, rapidly transforming region in the years to come. These are the professionals our program is creating. We plan to develop gen-next innovators and creative leaders with the requisite understanding and skill-sets demanded by the emerging challenges and opportunities of rural India, which no other comparable program offers.
What is unique about our program is that it not only provides students with an in-depth multi-disciplinary understanding of the problems of rural India but it also nurtures their capacity to find innovative and far-reaching solutions. The program is based on a unique pedagogy, combining innovative classroom and studio teaching, with two full semesters devoted to field education, including internships with the very best practitioners in rural India.
All students have mentors through and beyond the program. Another distinguishing feature of the program is that all its courses not merely aim to build professional competencies but pay equal attention to cultivating the necessary value-systems that develop compassionate human beings, with the capacity for deep listening and necessary sensitivities to the world-views of those they will be working with in future.
Students who graduate from this program will be eagerly sought after by civil society organisations, major government programs, CSR organisations, donor foundations, UN agencies etc. Our program has been crafted with specific inputs from potential employers, many of whom are already in touch with us offering to employ our graduates. Thus, demand for our students is built into the program
KEY FACULTY MEMBERS
Dr. Mihir Shah
Dr. Ajay Dandekar
Dr. Darryl Reed
Dr. Rajeshwari Raina
Professor of Practice
Mr. P S VijayShankar
Professor of Practice
Dr. Sreedeep Bhattacharya
Dr. Sandali Thakur
Shri Rahul Ghai
Dr. Bhargabi Das
Ms. Divya Bhatnagar
Fees and Scholarships
|Security Deposit||25,000||-||25,000 (Refundable)|
Admission Process & Timelines
- Applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2000.
- All interested applicants shall apply online. Please follow the instructions carefully. Online uploading of following documents is required:
- Passport size color photograph
- Current CV
- All Mark sheets/Degree Certificates (10th Standard onwards)