The Department believes in laying a strong foundation in Biotechnology, at par with international standards of the Medical industry in the fields of Bio-imaging, Cell biology, and Diagnostics. Equal emphasis is laid on training and research.
We prepare our students to face and meet the challenges of Biotechnology by laying their foundation through world class teaching by our faculty members who come from Harvard medical school, Yale University, University of Maryland, Sussex, NIH, Baylor College of Medicine, Max Planck, CIMAP and AIIMS.
Professor and Head,
Ph.D. (Plant Biochemistry), Indian Agricultura Institute
Ph.D., Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India
Ph.D., Delhi University
Ph.D., Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Ph.D., National Institute of Immunology
Ph.D., Molecular Biology, University of Missouri-Columbia, Missouri, USA
Ph.D., All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Ph.D., University of North Dakota
Ph.D., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Ph.D in Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
Ph.D., Banasthali University, Rajasthan
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich
Rutherford Discovery Fellow,
Ph.D., (Pathology / Epigenetics) University of Otago, New Zealand
Ph.D., (Biotechnology) CSIR - National Chemical Laboratory (University of Pune)
• Fundamentals of Computers
• Cell biology and Genetics
• Ecology and Environmental Sciences
• Microbiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry
• Bioinformatics, Animal Biotechnology
• Plant Biotechnology
• Recombinant DNA Technology
• Cancer Biology
• Drug Design and Drug Development
• Proteomics & System Biology
*This is not an exhaustive list. The courses shown above are reviewed every semester based on the requirement of the program. New courses are added every semester.
Shiv Nadar University selects candidates based on
- SNUSAT & APT followed by Interview (shortlisted candidates) (Applications received Till July 20, 2020)
- JEE (Main) 2020 percentile (Applications received Till July 20, 2020) for Natural Sciences program
- SAT & ACT Scores followed by Interview (Shortlisted candidates) (Applications received Till July 20, 2020) for all programsREAD MORE